Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The smells and sounds of baking

The best parts about baking for me are the smells and sounds. You are preparing a delicious dessert, you put it in the oven all ready to bake, then you clean up the mess that you made. All that hard work makes you think whether taking the time to bake was really worth it or not. You think, "Wouldn't it have been easier and faster if I just bought this at the store?" Then you start to smell the wonderful aroma coming from the oven that just makes your mouth water in anticipation of the delectable dessert. That is the moment when you realize that all of your hard work was well worth it. Smelling something baking in the oven makes you feel proud because it is something that YOU made. It is because of your hard work that that smell is flowing out of the oven. Now I said that not only smells are the best part of baking but the sounds too. I feel like the sounds of baking are under appreciated. Whenever I pull something out of the oven, I just listen to the sizzling and crackling that comes from the hot dessert. I love that sound! Next time you are baking a cake or cookies, stop and listen to the sound of them as soon as you pull them out. Whenever I make cinnamon rolls and pull them out of the oven, the hot caramelized syrup is bubbling in deliciousness. The sound the syrup makes, makes me want to tear into them right away if only they weren't sizzling hot and wouldn't burn my mouth. I wish that I could capture those smells and sounds in this blog so that everyone could enjoy what I love. 
This is my first blog, so I hope that you enjoy my future posts and pictures and I hope that I have motivated you to find a passion for baking like I have. Goodnight!       














No comments:

Post a Comment